Happy Bee is one of the service projects provided by Hong Kong Girl Guides, designed for girls and boys from aged 4 to 6 studying in Kindergarten K2 or K3.
Objectives for the programme are:
- To provide children with social understanding and knowledge of health matters. This enables them to have a better understanding and to become independent.
- To help children develop motor skills and coordination, together with enhancing their inter-personal skills.
- To arouse the children's interest in participation of activities. Through these activities, children learn to become more cheerful, outgoing, courageous and obedient. They also have the opportunity to learn problem-solving skills.
Eight points programme is the basic elements of Happy Bee Programme.
| Lower level K2
||Upper level K3
|Neat and polite
Mode of activities
- The programme consists of interesting games and activities, which correlate with the kindergarten curriculum.
- The aim of the programme is to have the support and involvement of the parents. Parents are encouraged to participate in games and activities together with their children at home.
- This enables them to have a better understanding of their children's needs and growth.The aim of the programme is to satisfy the curiosity of children, arouse their interest in various activities and also to help in the development of their inter-personal skills.
A. Pre enrollement challenge
B. 8-points unit challenge
Children will be rewarded with a sticker each on the Handbook after the completion of each unit.
C. Fly-up to Brownies (for girls) or other uniformed groups.
**Source：https://hkgga.org.hk/en/content/happy-bee-intro(Hong Kong Girl Guide Assiciation)
https://hkgga.org.hk/en/content/programme(Hong Kong Girl Guide Assiciation)